Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Vanessa Robins of Corvisiero Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Vanessa: Vanessa is a writer, reader, and lover of food. From Lancaster, Pennsylvania—no, she’s not Amish— she graduated from York College of Pennsylvania in May of 2015 with a degree in English literary studies and a minor in professional writing. Vanessa was Managing Editor of her college’s undergraduate literary magazine for two years, where her love of literature thrived, and her passion for the publishing world was created. When she isn’t reading or working, Vanessa can be found playing rec league softball (her team is called “Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Batman *and Women*,” in case you were wondering), experimenting in the kitchen, knitting, or screaming at her favorite sports teams (go Eagles and Phillies!).
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is Seeking: NA—all, especially humor; YA—gritty plots with diverse characters; Fiction—thought out thrillers, romance with strong female leads, heavily based science sci-fi, and sports-centric plots; Nonfiction—memoirs including coming of age, cultural/ethnic/sexuality, survivor, and humor themed. Bonus points for Medical Narratives (characters with medical illnesses and chronic diseases, or MS told through a medical professional’s view point). See our monthly MSWL blog post for more detailed requests.
Will not represent: PB, MG, Screenplays, and Erotica.
How to Submit: Please query Vanessa Robins by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and putting “ATTN: Vanessa Robins-Query [Book Title]” in the subject line. Vanessa prefers if you write a brief query letter in the body of your email and attach a 1-2 page synopsis and the first five pages of your manuscript to the email in separate Word .doc files. Your query letter should include links to any social media or author websites.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
Your new complete and updated instructional guide
to finding an agent is finally here: The 2015 book
GET A LITERARY AGENT shares advice from more
than 110 literary agents who share advice on querying,
craft, the submission process, researching agents, and
much more. Filled with all the advice you’ll ever need to
find an agent, this resource makes a great partner book to
the agent database, Guide to Literary Agents.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How to Write Your First Novel: 6 Pieces of Advice.
- A writing routine is healthy — but is it totally necessary?
- How to Sell Pieces to Magazines and Newspapers.
- Need an agent? This new agent is seeking fiction, memoir, and more.
- Writing YA, mid grade or picture books? New agent Clelia Gore wants your query.
- How I Learned to Kill My Darlings (and Improve My Writing).
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and writing a query letter.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Vanessa Robins of Corvisiero Literary appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from Writing Editor Blogs – WritersDigest.com http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/new-literary-agent-alert-vanessa-robins-of-corvisiero-agency